- Channel Hop: The show was outright sold to World Events Productions in 2000 (with WEP fully gaining live-action rights in 2010) due to the success of Voltron.
- Crossdressing Voices: Hiroshi (aka Pidge) was voiced by Masako Nozawa (yes that one), probably explaining why the version of the character in Voltron: Legendary Defender was Gender Flipped into a Sweet Polly Oliver to make the group Two Girls to a Team rather than The Smurfette Principle.
- Dueling Dubs: Italy got a straight dub of the first 26 episodes of Golion in 1982, as well as an Italian redub of the U.S. Voltron adaptation in 1986. The Golion dub, which has been rerun as recently as 2011, keeps the characters' original Japanese names. However, since that dub omits the second half of the series, episodes 27-52 were only available in Italy in their Voltron edits.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The Anime Works North American DVD releases are long out of print, with only Volume 2 remaining affordable from third-party retailers. The US iTunes digital downloads aren't available for sale anymore either.
- Playing Against Type: Shirogane is voiced by Ryusei Nakao, though this is before he's landed the role of Frieza, thereby beginning his awesome pigeonholing of sadistic screechy villains.
Trivia / GoLion