- The Danza: Francesca Rettondini as Francesca, the Italian singer in the opening scene
- Executive Meddling: The main cast signed up for a totally different script, a Psychological Thriller about a salvage team trapped on the boat they were working on, with any supernatural element left ambiguous. They were reportedly not best pleased when they turned up for work and found they were now making a supernatural Slasher Movie instead. Julianna Margulies admitted that if she and her cast mates werent under contract, they would have backed out.
- Inspiration for the Work: The Antonia Graza was inspired by the real life Italian liner Andrea Doria, a luxury liner that sank after colliding with a Swedish cruise ship in 1956.
- Old Shame: Julianna Margulies has openly talked about how much she dislikes this film in interviews.
- What Could Have Been: There were many changes made thanks to executive intervention:
- The original plot was described as The Shining on a boat, and it would have been relatively bloodless.
- There would have been four crew members who would turn against each other aboard a liner named the Chimera.
- Murphy would have been the killer, but dies after he tried to escape with the gold.
- Brian Cox might have starred as Murphy, but he backed out to film The Ring instead.
Trivia / Ghost Ship