- Creator Cameo: Directors Neveldine/Taylor cameo as the Devil and a man making a Deal.
- Creator Killer:
- Punisher: War Zone started Marvel Knights in the hospital. This film put them in the morgue; Marvel as a whole took control of the series.
- The film also marked the end of the road for the Neveldine/Taylor directing team, who went their separate ways after production wrapped, and have both since been relegated to working on No Budget horror flicks.
- Doing It for the Art: Nicolas Cage prepared for the role by invoking Baron Samedi and other death entities in makeup and costuming. Instead of just wearing basic mo-cap markers on his face, he wore full Baron Samedi facepaint, had Egyptian talismans and relics sewn into the leather jacket and gathering tourmaline and onyx in his pockets to "gather these energies together and shock his imagination into believing that [he] was augmented by them in some way, or in contact with ancient ghosts". Walking onto set not saying a word and weirding out the cast and crew, he believed he was the Ghost Rider.
- Franchise Killer: The film's underperformance led to the rights going back to Marvel Studios after Sony's purchase of the property exceeded the film's profits.
- What Could Have Been: The creators behind Drive Angry originally presented a treatment of Ghost Rider 2 which would have been a true sequel to the original film instead of the reboot it turned out to be. It was deemed too violent, but in any case, it is insane.
- Eva Mendes was offered to reprise her role but turned it down.
- The film's script was adapted from a draft written by David S. Goyer that predated the first movie by six years. One of the notable differences is that Carrigan becomes the Scarecrow rather than Blackout.
Trivia / Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance