- Actor Allusion: This isn't the first time the guy who plays Shijima Wataru has been a mentor; he was formerly Zanki.
- And later in Makai Senki #15, he appears in a flashback as a Drill Sergeant Nasty, described by the kids as an "oni".
- Kenji Matsuda appears in Makai Senki as a blue Makai Knight with a curved sword named Wataru. Compare Kamen Rider Kiva, where he appeared as a blue werewolf who had the ability to transform into a curved sword for a young man named Wataru.
- The Danza: Rei Suzumura is portrayed by Ray (pronounced the same) Fujita.
- Doing It for the Art: The franchise makes some money from pachinko, but for the most part it's funded almost entirely out of pocket by Amemiya himself. Garo is his baby and he wants to keep it going. It helps that he was born into an extreme amount of wealth and earned a fortune himself in his career as a director.
- Name's the Same: Makai Senki #8 has a cursed samurai from ancient times called Juuzou. And #9 has a bitter old actor named Ryuunosuke, who even does a Wholesome Crossdresser act at one point.
- Production Posse: Gonza's actor was previously in a leading role in Tekkouki Mikazuki, also produced by Keita Amemiya.
- Spiritual Successor: to KARAS, to the point where the Kanji in the title is similrly stylized to that Karas's. Its been rumored that Karas was one of the original Influences on the series.
- You Look Familiar: The theme park manager from Episode 10 of the 2005 series (who harasses Kaoru) shall later on play Ratess in Makai Senki.
- The new character from the Soukoku no Maryu movie, Kakashi, was portrayed by Yuki Kubota, who previously played the obnoxious idol/actor JURAN in episode 9 of Makai Senki. He was the episode's Victim of the Week.
- And now, Kouhei Otomo, who played Igari Juzo in Makai Senki is playing Burai, the old Makai Priest in the 3rd season.
- The Quisling to the Horror Ring in ZERO: Black Blood. Takano Hassei, the son of the old couple in Makai Senki #6 eventually became
- Thane Camus, who plays Ring himself in ZERO: Black Blood, had re-appeared as another Horror in Episode 5 of Makai no Hana.
- Keiko Matsuzaka, who played Big Bad Judam in Soukoku no Maryu, reappears as Anna (Gonza's chef girlfriend-of-sorts) in Ep. 10 of Makai no Hana.
Trivia / GARO