- Big Name Fan:
- Fellow YouTubers Tay Zonday, Shane Dawson and iJustine love Fred. Zonday even described the videos as comic genius in an episode of "Youtubers React".
- Disney Channel star Debby Ryan is also a big fan of Fred and Lucas' other YouTube show Lucas and Jenny, to the point where she got his Lucas and Jenny co-star Jennifer Veal to be on a number of episodes of Jessie.
- Cash Cow Franchise: At the height of Fred's popularity, Cruikshank was making over $100,000 a year from YouTube revenue. And that doesn't include all the money he made from licensing the character to Nickelodeon, various commercial appearances and merchandise such as t-shirts and digital albums.
- Creator Backlash: In an article in Variety, Cruikshank said that he retired the character out of fear that it would end up being the only thing he was known for. Considering how poorly his post-Fred projects have gone, this fear may not be unjustified. He was also the first to say that Fred's voice can only be tolerated for so long before it gets annoying.
- Dawson Casting: Self-inflictedLucas Cruikshank was 14 when he created 6-year-old Fred.
- Averted in the movies with Fred, as Lucas was 16 when filming took place and Fred was depicted as a 15 year old there. However, it's played straight with the ages of Jennette McCurdy (17), Jake Weary (19) and Pixie Lott (18) during filming. Fred is the only person in the middle school he goes to that actually looks like he could reasonably be a middle schooler.
- Direct to Video:
- Fred's Got Talent was released Direct-to-DVD as a bonus feature on the Fred: The Movie DVD.
- I Wanna Be A Celebrity was originally released Direct To Digital Download through the official Fred store.
- Harpo Does Something Funny: How the first series was made. Lucas Cruikshank would come up with a situation, such as "Fred Goes Swimming" or "Fred Can't Find His Meds," film about half an hour and cut it down to four minutes.
- Missing Episode:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes
- The Other Darrin: Jennette McCurdy does not reprise her role as Bertha for Night of the Living Fred or Fred: The Show. Instead, we get Daniella Monet.
- Recycled Script: Fred Throws a Party! and Fred Throws a Party have the same premise and even the same title.
- Recycled: The Series: Fred: The Show.
- Similarly Named Works:
- Typecasting: Thanks to this show, you'd probably see every character Lucas Cruikshank plays from now on as Fred. A poignant example would be Marvin Marvin, where Marvin basically is Fred.
- Write Who You Know: Fred and his behavior was based on Lucas Cruikshanks' many younger siblings.
Trivia / Fred