- Dawson Casting: Kevin Bacon is significantly older than the rest of the cast - thirty-two years old - playing a medical student.
- Maybe. His characters age is never stated, and there are plenty of people who've started medical school in their 30's.
- Dueling Works: With both Ghost and Jacob's Ladder, other films that explore the concept of life after death.
- Executive Meddling: Rachel's original sin was that she would have had an affair with one of her professors and then blackmailed him. The studio didn't want to ruin the nice girl image of Julia Roberts. As a result, Rachel is instead traumatised by her father's suicide.
- Production Posse: After The Lost Boys this marked the second of eventually five collaborations between Kiefer Sutherland and Joel Schumacher. The latter would also work alongside Julia Roberts on the film Dying Young, something he chose to do because he liked working with her on this.
- Romance on the Set: Kiefer Sutherland and Julia Roberts.
- What Could Have Been:
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $19 million. Box office, $16,883,115 (domestic), $45,158,254 (worldwide). Universal panning from film critics has helped this movie remake live up to its title at the box office.
- Dawson Casting: Only two actors for characters in their twenties, Kiersey Clemons and Nina Dobrev, were in their twenties at the time.