- Actor Allusion:
- In episode three, Demetri accidentally knocks over a bong at a suspect's house, and says, "It's OK, I know what a bong is", in reference to Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.
- In episode four, Olivia calls Mark "The William Shakespeare of children's stories," which is probably a reference to Joseph Fiennes's role in Shakespeare in Love.
- The Cast Showoff: The brief moment of karaoke in one episode seemed one part Rule of Funny, one part a brief showcasing of John Cho's singing ability.
- Fake American:
- English Joseph Feinnes as Mark Benford
- English Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford
- Irish Brían O'Byrne as Aaron Stark is a particularly egregious example.
- Hey, It's That Place!: The Bradbury Building.
- The Other Darrin: Dylan Simcoe was recast in the middle of filming the pilot. Some scenes feature Dylan #1 and some Dylan #2; one of them took over for the series proper.
- Real-Life Relative:
- An interesting case in that Alex Kingston used to be Joseph Fiennes' sister-in-law (she was formerly married to one of his older brothers, Ralph).
- And John Cho's wife Kerri guest-starred in "Queen Sacrifice".
- Science Marches On: In the 1999 novel on which the television show was based, the flashforward was caused partly by the activation of the Large Hadron Collider.
Trivia / FlashForward (2009)