- Celebrity Voice Actor: Robin Williams voiced Batty.
- DVD Commentary: The tales of the filmmaker's time in Australia are arguably more entertaining than the movie itself.
- Image Source:
- International Co Production: The first film was produced by Kroyer Films, who were assisted by several companies both domestic (including Character Builders and Pacific Title) and overseas (A.Film in Hungary, Wang Film Productions in Taiwan and Saerom, Rough Draft Studios, Hanho Heung-Up and Luk Film in South Korea).
- The Other Darrin: Everyone was recast for the sequel. Bizarrely, only one of the replacement voice actors (Matt K. Miller as Batty) has any roles whatsoever outside this film.
- Relationship Voice Actor: In the Japanese dub, Zak and Crysta are voiced by Yasunori Matsumoto and Megumi Hayashibara respectively, who previously worked together (at the time) as Noal Vereuse and Aki Kisaragi, Robin and Bat-Girl and also as Gourry Gabriev and Lina Inverse a few years later.
- Talking to Himself: In the European Spanish version, ALL the characters in the film are voiced by one person, comedian Ángel Garó, who did 32 different voices. It set a record for most voices done by a single person in a film.
Trivia / FernGully: The Last Rainforest