- Acting in the Dark: During an on-set interview for Fast & Furious 6, Michelle Rodriguez revealed that she didn't know about the "twist ending" (with Letty's "security cam" photo landing on Hobbs' desk) until she actually saw it herself in theaters.
- California Doubling: The shooting took place in Puerto Rico. It's pretty easy to notice if you live in Puerto Rico too. Some scenes were also shot in Atlanta.
- Dolled-Up Installment: The film actually started out as The Brazilian Job, the proposed sequel to The Italian Job, when the sequel went through Development Hell, the script was bought and rewritten to fit into the F&F series.
- Meaningful Release Date: The film was released on the tenth anniversary of the first film.
- Missing Trailer Scene: More like missing lines: "If you're gonna survive, stop thinking like a cop. You're in my world now," and "Chances are sooner or later, we are gonna end up behind bars or buried in a ditch somewhere. But not today." Both are spoken by Dom, but do not appear in the film, even out of the context presented in the trailer.
- What Could Have Been:
- The role of Hobbs was originally envisioned for Tommy Lee Jones.
- Deckard Shaw was originally to be named Ian Shaw. This was changed to avoid confusion with his similarly-named brother, Owen Shaw.
Trivia / Fast Five