- Acting for Two: Seth Rogen plays both the head Trekkie and a pimp who is a fan of Star Wars. At one point the two get in a fight. Rogen also plays the Star Trek Konvention attendee dressed as a Klingon.
- Actor Allusion:
- Defictionalization: A bittersweet version. Cancer patient Daniel Fleetwood was granted permission to see The Force Awakens as his dying wish.
- Development Hell: The cancer storyline led to many push backs in the release of the movie, the studio couldn't decide whether or not to keep it but ultimately did.
- Executive Meddling: Out the wazoo.
- Romance on the Set: Between Kyle Newman and Jaime King.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: The film was mostly completed by early 2006, but failed to find distribution despite a strong internet interest largely because of the subject material (everyone on the internet is a fanboy). It made it out in 2009 edited to make it more "mainstream."
- What Could Have Been:
- The conference room scene, where the group are told Linus could see the film originally took place in a room resembling the conference room in The Empire Strikes Back where Vader captures Leia & Han. A reshoot saw the room change & the head of security be other Marty-ed by Danny McBride.
- Harvey Weinstein bought the rights to the film, he recut the film to remove the plotpoint of Linus having terminal cancer. The fandom was not happy, nicknamed him "Darth Weinstein" and started a campaign to keep it in the film. The cancer was kept, but some scenes that brought it to the forefront have remained exiled from the final release.
Trivia / Fanboys