- B-Team Sequel: Downplayed. Hiro Mashima is still involved as a storyboarder, but the rest is done by Atsuo Ueda.
- Executive Meddling: Mashima's involvement in the manga boils down to this, according to his afterword in the first volume. His original stance was that he had no intention to write the sequel himself, leaving it entirely in the hands of Atsuo Ueda so he could focus on his new work, EDENS ZERO. However, the one in charge of the project insisted that Mashima at least provide the storyboards, and he relented. That said, Ueda still does the lion's share of the artwork, and the manga doesn't interfere with Mashima's work on Edens Zero. This essentially make's it a rare example of the writer insisting on the meddling.
- God Never Said That: For a while before any specific story details were made public, fans came under the impression that the sequel would be a Spin-Offspring-type of series when Mashima uploaded a detailed portrait of a middle-aged Natsu and Happy on his Twitter account on April 3. Due to a Language Barrier, fewer people noticed Mashima's admission that he originally meant to upload the sketch two days earlier.
- He Also Did: The artist, Atsuo Ueda, has also drawn a Gorn-heavy series called Dr. Prisoner.
- I Knew It!:
- Some fans predicted that Lucy would search for Aquarius's key in order to fulfill the promise she made at the end of Fairy Tail. They were proven right, since this very search is one of the sequel's subplots.
- When the final chapter of Fairy Tail was released, many people guessed that Levy was pregnant with her and Gajeel's child. Sure enough, 100 Years Quest confirmed their suspicions.
- Meaningful Release Date: The first two chapters were released back-to-back in Japan on July 25, 2018, just one day shy of a full year after the final chapter of Fairy Tail on July 26, 2017. That's approximately the same amount of time spent between the original story's Final Boss and Distant Finale.
- Working Title: The original title of the series was Fairy Tail: Zokuhen (the subtitle meaning "sequel").
Trivia / Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest