- Defictionalization: Noogy has stated that he's seeing if he can find someone who can make real life nimbat dolls.
- Doing It for the Art: The Game. No one asked Dean Dodrill to make Dust: An Elysian Tail, no one paid him, not too many people helped him, he did it because he wanted to.Dean Dodrill: "Dust is a culmination of all the things I like in games. I love 3D games, but have a deep fondness for a good '2D' game. ... I know that a lot of people miss that 'look'. So it was my goal to create the best looking 2D game I could make."
- Relationship Voice Actor: Edwyn Tiong and Kira Buckland have been in other works together such as The Trapped Trilogy and Xin.
- Schedule Slip: Dean Dodrill, the creator of Dust: An Elysian Tail, assumed it would take three months to complete the game; it actually took over three-and-a-half years.
- What Could Have Been: Interviews with the creator reveal that a lot of content had to ultimately be axed due to both time and budget constraints, including a town-building sidequest, Item Crafting, and General Gaius' motive for his genocidal campaign.
- Additionally, Lucien was going to voice Ahrah, with a friend of his, Phillip Sacramento, playing Dust, but real life happened to Phillip on short notice, and he had to bow out. Lucien ended up getting cast twice.
Trivia / Dust: An Elysian Tail