- Fake Nationality:
- Konnan, a Cuban-American from Miami playing a Mexican gangster-rapper. In a faction with Tongan badasses, a manager from Memphis, TN, a leader from "The Iron Gates of Fate," Big Bubba, a big redneck from Georgia best known as an evil prison guard, a bodybuilder from Muscle Beach, CA (Maxx Muscle) and Jacqueline, a black woman from Dallas, TX. At least his joining the nWo, particularly the red-and-black Wolfpac version, made sense as the Wolfpac had gangsta rap as entrance music.
- Also Kamala (an American playing a Ugandan), Loch Ness (an Englishman playing a Scottish character) and Braun the Leprechaun (an American playing a mythical Irish character.)
- Reality Subtext: As the booker, Sullivan needed Hogan to trust him, in order to do something bigger down the line. He noticed that the core WCW fans hadn't accepted Hogan, leading to Hogan's big heel turn and the formation of the NWO at Bash at the Beach 96.
- Recycled Script: The segment with Hogan in the Dungeon from Clash of the Champions 31, August 6, 1995, featured The Giant ripping Hogan's cross off his neck, just like André the Giant had done as part of his FaceHeel Turn during "Piper's Pit" on the February 7 (taped January 26), 1987 WWF Superstars.
- Recycled Soundtrack: The Zodiac's production theme was later recycled for Loch Ness after he left the DOD and later for Rey Misterio Jr.
- Referenced by...: A somewhat jokey one. As part of Cactus Jack's anti-hardcore pro-WCW Heel campaign in ECW in late 1995, he wore a self-designed "Dungeon of Doom" T-shirt, with a hand-drawn picture of the Shark, Kamala and Zodiac on the front and the words "DUNGEON OF DOOM" with a big heart around them on the back for the Tommy Dreamer/Terry Funk vs. Raven/Cactus main event at ECW November to Remember 95. The crowd chanted, "HATE THE SHIRT CACTUS HATE THE SHIRT!"note
- Star-Making Role: The Giant aka Big Show became star overnight due to his prominent role in the stable.
- What Could Have Been:
- Loch Ness was slated for a huge push. This ended when Martin Ruane was diagnosed with cancer and abruptly left WCW to return to England.
- Sullivan has said that it was intended to be darker than it came off as, and that WCW did it because they didn't know how they were supposed to get Paul Wight over.
- Ron Reis (The Yeti) has said that the infamous Giant-Hogan-Yeti double-bearhug spot at WCW Halloween Havoc 95 wasn't intended to look the way it did.
- WrestleCrap: Inducted as a group, plus separate inductions for the Shark, Zodiac, the Yeti, Loch Ness, Braun the Leprechaun, the Hogan-Giant Monster Truck Match at Halloween Havoc 95 and the Doomsday Cage Match.
Trivia / Dungeon of Doom