- Content Leak: This game has had a bad habit of having the DLC characters leaked due to place holder data. While it started off with obvious picks, (Vegito Blue And Zamasu for pack 4, Tournament of Power characters for extra pack 2) it ended up revealing Gogeta was going to be in Dragon Ball Super: Broly due to a new form of him being in the same pack as the new Broly.
- Fan Nickname: Android 17 (DB Super) is reffered as "Ranger 17" by many players.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.":
- An odd case; thanks to the unusual release schedule of Dragon Ball Super on legal streaming sites like Crunchyroll and Daisukinote , Goku Black averts this trope by a mere three days while Hit plays it straight. Of course, Goku Black still counts in regards to the dub.
- Likewise, Time Breaker Bardock and his Super Saiyan 3 form, which debuted in Dragon Ball Online and Dragon Ball Heroes, respectively.
- And now as of the DLC additions, Cabba and Frost.
- The trend continues, with Zamasunote .
- Continues again with Jiren, who's not going to be properly dubbed in the anime until either late 2018, or early 2019.
- Goku's Mastered Ultra Instinct form debuts in Xenoverse 2 before the transformation appears in the anime, or even Dragon Ball Heroes, by only a few days.
- Played absurdly with Kefla who debuts before Caulifla and Kale make their individual debuts as characters in the English dub in any media. Their invididual voices can still be heard in Conton Radio.
- Meme Acknowledgement: If you have Pan as your instructor, one of the things she can say if you talk to her is about how people think Trunks is hot. A popular pairing involves the two in question.
- The Other Darrin: Defied, as unlike in Super and FighterZ, Daman Mills hasn't needed to fill in for Chris Ayres for any new Frieza lines yet. Hit is also still voiced by Aaron Roberts rather than Matthew Mercer for consistency's sake for any new lines.
- Promoted Fanboy:
- Curtis Arnott (male voice 8), Nick Landis (male voice 15), and Scott Frerichs (male voice 13) of Team Four Star provide their voices for the new Time Patroller.
- James Marsters became a Converted Fanboy after researching the franchise for his role as Demon King Piccolo in Dragon Ball: Evolution. That said, he's the voice for Zamasu.
- Real-Life Relative: Frost is voiced by Greg Ayres, brother of Frieza's voice actor, Chris Ayres.
- Talking to Himself:
- In addition to the usual examples, Sean Schemmel provides the voice of Goku Black, as well as reprising his roles as Goku, Tokitoki, and Nail.
- Masako Nozawa, as always, as well, since she voices Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, Turles, and Goku Black.
- Like in previous games, Natsuki Hanae voices the Time Patroller and Jaco. But this time, we also have Yuriko Yamaguchi and Caitlin Glass (the latter was also in the previous game) as the Time Patroller and Vados.
- Throw It In!: Nick Landis clarified during a TFS Gaming livestream that, at the encouragement of Christopher Sabat, he and the rest of Team Four Star were allowed to improvise a lot of their lines.
- What Could Have Been:
- During a TFS livestream, Nick Landis mentioned that he recorded voice clips for Majins absorbing other characters (like Super Buu did to Gotenks, Piccolo, and Gohan); this may have been intended to be the Majin race's original transformation before they were given a Pure form in line with Dragon Ball Online.
- Chronoa (a.k.a Supreme Kai of Time) was at one point in development going to have a much◊ more adult◊ and shapely◊ design before being changed into a half pint.
- Audio files revealed that some of the characters had extra attacks attached to them. Goku and Goten could use the Power Pole and the Jan-Ken-Pon attack. Teen Gohan, Future Gohan and Adult/Ultimate Gohan could use Special Beam Cannon. Vegito could go Super Saiyan 2 and use the Destructo-Disc and Spirit Bomb. Gogeta could use Kaioken and perform the Spirit Bomb, Galick Gun, Destructo-Disc, Solar Flare, and Final Flash. Videl could perform the Volleyball Fist and Dynamite Kick, use the Power Pole and use the Dancing Parapara. Goten could access the Kaioken and use Solar Flare, Dancing Parapara and the Justice Pose. Lastly, and oddly, Recoome could perform the Dancing Parapara. This seems to tie into Extra Pack 2, where players are given some manner of customization for the canon characters.
- Some magazines stated that Fused Zamasu would become a mentor for your character in one of the DLC. It appears the idea was scrapped, as normal Zamasu became your mentor in the fifth DLC.
Trivia / Dragonball Xenoverse 2