- Ascended Fanon: Cell uses the term Frost Demons to refer to those of Frieza's race. This is a term that originated in Dragon Ball Multiverse.Cell: I have all the data I need on the Frost Demons. I have no interest in you.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Towa and Mira, the villains of Xenoverse, as well as the Supreme Kai of Time, originally debuted in the MMO Dragon Ball Online, which was only available in Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. There's also the fact that Jaco the Galactic Patrolman debuted in the West.
- Pre-Order Bonus: Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta was a special preorder bonus and if you didn't preorder him, you will never be able to play as him, even though he will still appear in a couple of Parallel Quests.
- Promoted Fanboy:
- Curtis Arnott, aka Takahata101, aka Ghost Nappa, provides voice work for one of the male custom character voice options, specifically Male Voice 8.
- Team Four Star got to rewrite all of Male Voice 8's script to fill it with Dragon Ball Z Abridged references.
- Role Reprise: After being Darrin'd in previous video games and Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dameon Clarke and Meredith McCoy reprise their respective roles as Cell and Android 18.
- Talking to Himself: Aside from the cases we already knew (e.g. Christopher Sabat or Masako Nozawa), we have Natsuki Hanae, who voices not only Jaco, he also lends his voice to the Future Warrior. His voice is Male Voice #3.
- Throw It In!: According to Team Four Star, Male Voice 8's greeting of "Vegeta?" was simply recorded as a joke clip that they never expected to be used in the final game.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: The "Macho Man" technique. Supposedly you can greatly increase the drop rate by having your character wear nothing but Raditz's armor and a Gohan mask, optionally while listening to The Village People's "Macho Man".
- What Could Have Been:
- Concept art and a few developer interviews showed that in the game's infancy each race was planned to have a Super form (Namekians would become Super Namekians, Frieza's race would go into Final Form, Majin would have a "Pure Form" like Kid Buu, etc.), but for one reason or another this was scrapped. Of these, the "Pure Form" was the only one added to the sequel, with the Frieza race getting the Golden form, and Namekians getting the larger form.
- When Takahata101 recorded his lines, the other members of Team Four Star were with him and were allowed to alter lines of dialogue and add in more jokes if it fit. However they have mentioned that some of their ideas (mainly pop culture references) had to be shot down. One they specifically mentioned was "Dead or alive -- EXTREME!" for Tien's Volleyball Fist.
- An unintentional one: Taka's voice set has a Running Gag where he always says the Kamehameha's name incorrectly, such as "Kama-hama-HEE!" or "Ten to the Kamehame-HO!". The sole exception to this would have been Cell's Perfect Kamehameha (because it's perfect, see...), but due to a mistake in the game's coding that voice clip went unused.
- Datamining the game produced evidence that Future Trunks was going to be a Mentor, but because the data was incomplete and fragmented it seems like the idea was scrapped early on.
- The Wiki Rule: The Dragon Ball Xenoverse Wiki.
- Working Title: Dragon Ball New Project.
Trivia / Dragon Ball Xenoverse