- Ascended Fanon: "Someone in the comments for the last page suggested that Kamina keeps a wardrobe of embarrassing, Simon-sized costumes in the Gurrenrod's trunk at all times for these kinds of emergencies. I think I will just go ahead and make that canon right now."
- Doing It for the Art:
- In order to produce the paperback versions of Volume 1, Cap is required to actually sell them at a loss so as to avoid copyright issues. He's also not actually an artist by trade (rather a musician), so he produces DOUBLE K in his spare time, and actively turns down freelance jobs to work on it. The only benefit he gets is the satisfaction that his fans are enjoying the comic, though he admits himself that this is more than enough for him to be happy with the comic's outcome.
- The print copies ofVOLUME 1 were intentionally delayed by Cap for specifically this reason; the earlier pages are noticeably different in style, with the first 20 being done partially by hand. This apparently didn't look great in print samples, and as such, Cap took it upon himself to redraw these pages. T he samples of the new pages are noticeably of a far higher quality and mesh with the current style of the comic more comfortably.
- The Merch: The merch store funded by the Kickstarter project sells shot glasses, as well as other stuff such as Leeron's fabulously 80's pastel-blue unicorn shirt.
- Schedule Slip:
- Very much so, which is unfortunate given the high quality of the comic — readers have waited weeks, if not months for updates, and it took 3-and-three-quarter years for the comic to reach 100 pages. Cap has attempted to commit himself to a more regular schedule several times, but ultimately his day job (among other things) takes higher priority. However, the KickStarter project founded at the beginning of 2012 will go a long way towards finally establishing a more regular (and much faster) update schedule.
- The printed books were delayed for 4 months due to several conflicting factors, with new pages being suspended until the issues were resolved fully.
Trivia / DOUBLE K