- Accidentally Correct Writing: The Doctor refers to a sauropod dinosaur as Brontosaurus. Although the correct designation at the time was Apatosaurus, the issue of the type specimen's proper genus has recently been re-opened, and this trope will very likely apply if the splitters have their way. Being a time traveler, the Doctor could have already known the name would change when he called the animal that.
- Missing Episode: This is the most recent Doctor Who story to be in some way incomplete, due to the fact that the master tape of the first episode was junked for some reasonnote almost immediately after its original transmission; until 1983, it was the only missing Pertwee episode. Fortunately, this was one of the last Doctor Who stories that BBC also made a black and white film copy of, and the first episode survives in that form. For the DVD release, the episode was recoloured using the chroma dot automated colour recovery process, but the results were not 100% effective. The default version on the DVD is the monochrome one, and the best attempts at restoring it to colour are included as a bonus feature.
- What Could Have Been: The original script had the Doctor using a motorcycle instead of the Whomobile.
- Working Title: Bridgehead from Space and Timescoop.
- You Look Familiar: Peter Miles (Professor Whittaker) had previously played Dr. Lawrence.
Trivia / Doctor Who S11 E2 "Invasion of the Dinosaurs"