- Celebrity Voice Actor: Much like the first game, the sequel features the vocal talents of such well known actors as Vincent D'Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Pedro Pascal, Sam Rockwell, Jamie Hector, and Robin Lord Taylor.
- Defictionalization: Johnny Chiodini (of the gaming website Eurogamer) found a recipe in the game for hagfish dumplings, and decided to cook it, with some modifications.
- Development Gag: The Clockwork Soldiers were originally designed to look far more ornate, with human-like faces and polished ceramic plates as armor, and this design was featured prominently in the announcement trailer. However, they were later redesigned to the much simpler and more skeletal appearance seen in the final game. Notes found in the game indicate that Jindosh altered them because they apparently weren't intimidating enough, and parts of the original Soldier design can be seen on display in his manor.
- I Knew It!: Lots of fans of the first game suspected that Corvo was Emily's father, which promotion for the second game confirmed.
- The reveal that Meagan Foster is Billie Lurk surprised no-one who played Knife of Dunwall.
- The Other Darrin:
- Shout-Out: A meta example: Corvo is Suddenly Voiced by Stephen Russell, who's best known for his role as Garrett. Given that Dishonored is considered a Spiritual Successor to the Thief series, this had to be deliberate. In a strange meta way, Garrett is indeed Emily's real "father".
- Word of Gay: Used by director Harvey Smith to clear up some of the subtext regarding characters like Aramis Stilton and Mindy Blanchard.
Trivia / Dishonored 2