- Accidentally Correct Writing: The episode "Gasosaurus", in that there actually is a dinosaur bearing that name (albeit a mid-sized predator, unlike the episode's giant herbivorous Brachiosaurus).
- Dueling Shows: With Dinosaur Train
- Retroactive Recognition: Ricardo Hoyos, who eventually joined the cast of Degrassi.
- Unintentional Period Piece: "Prehistoric Zoo" became this when the Toronto Zoo (where the episode was filmed and set) got rid of their elephants (which were featured prominently in the episode)
- Screwed by the Network / Schedule Slip: Nick Jr.'s broadcast of the show in North America was erratic, to say the least. The network would hold off from airing the show between months or even a year.
- Network to the Rescue: After Nick Jr.'s rights to the series expired in 2017, Sinking Ship Entertainment (the show's production company) took the show (as well as its sister series Dino Dana) to Creator/Amazon. It also briefly aired on Universal Kids.
Trivia / Dino Dan