- Ascended Fanon: Guilmon
- Contest Winner Cameo: Ganemon, Ekakimon and Bakomon were all winning entries in a contest.
- Crossdressing Voices: Taiki, Shoutmon, Taichi, Taichi's Agumon, Daisuke, Takato, Guilmon... Basically, a lot of the guys.
- Executive Meddling: For several years, rumours have been going around that this season was only produced as filler for Toei to secure a timeslot for Saint Seiya Omega, another heavily-derided season of a franchise that Toei has the anime rights to.
- Fan Nickname: Masaru's Agumon is known as "Agumon Burst Mode", If only because Bandai and Toei have said pretty much nothing at all about this form since its debut five years ago in the finale of Savers.
- Franchise Killer:
- Xros Wars itself could have been this for Japan if not for it being a huge merchandising success. But this being the final season helped really do the franchise in, as many kids lost interest in the products and many of the older fans were put off by the season's abysmal quality. With the announcement of Digimon Adventure tri. as a series of films, leaving this the third time in a row that a season of Digimon has resulted in a three-year gap.
- Xros Hunters may have killed off the Digimon francise as being targeted towards kids, or at least one of the main reasons along with dwindling sales among kids. Later entries, such as the Tri movies mentioned above, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World -next 0rder-, are aimed exclusively or mainly at older audiences. Though it seems they're trying to appeal to kids again with Digimon Universe Applimonsters.
- Name's the Same:
- Yuu Amano shares a given name with Yuu Inui from Digimon Next.
- Tagiru has a classmate named Masaru.
- The sigificant other shows up as well, making it quite an unusual case
- And Makoto, making this the third time a Makoto has shown up in a Digimon production.
- Episode fourteen introduced a Hunter named Ken.
- No Export for You: Unknown. Some of Xros Hunters' footage was used to promoted the English dub of Digimon Xros Wars. However, said English dub's final episode ends with a "The End" title. It's therefore uncertain whether this pseudo-season will make it to the west or end up skipped, with it looking more and more likely since none of Hunters' epsiodes aired in 2016.
- Talking to Himself: Shoutmon, voiced by Chika Sakamoto with Taichi's Agumon, of whom he was something of an expy to begin with.
- Jou with Damemon; similar to Agumon's case, Masami Kikuchi's performance as Jou this time leans precariously into sounding like Damemon compared to his original portrayal.
- Gomamon with Takuya as well.
Trivia / Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time