- Author's Saving Throw: In Digimon Frontier, only Takuya and Koji got to use their Fusion forms while everyone else only had their defalt Human and Beast spirits. Even worse when they have to Hyper Spirit Evolve as the others have to donate their sprits meaning they cannot fight while Takuya and Koji are fighting. In Savers, not only can the four main characters go Burst Mode, but every side character can get to at least Ultimate.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the Japanese version, Yoshino was voiced by Yui Aragaki, a famous teen model-turned-actress-turned-singer
- Fan Nickname:
- "MasaruDaimon" for Masaru. Guess why.
- Bio-Trio: Kouki, Ivan, and Nanami.
- Agumon is "Takatomon", due to having the same English voice actor as Takato.
- "Professor Kurazy" for Kurata was popular back when his Mad Scientist tendencies were at their most apparent.
- Franchise Killer: Subverted by the United States dub. While the Disney dub became the subject of mockery among pre-existing Digimon fans for its unnecessary edits and dialogue changes, the real culprit was entirely because Disney just wanted to fulfill its contract with Toei concerning the Digimon franchise (the show itself did well in the ratings), since Disney had no interest whatsoever with it (which was why Frontier was aired on UPN as opposed to ABC- UPN and Disney's contract still had one more year and they shoved it over there). The license was soon picked up by Saban Brands shortly following the conclusion of Savers.
- The Other Darrin: One or two cases in the English dub of the video game "Digimon World Data Squad" due to being done before the TV series. (There's also a few other differences, such as the use of "Digisoul" like the Japanese version instead of "DNA".)
- Playing Against Type:
- At least in regards to the Digimon anime franchise, Masami Kikuchi had mostly played easy-going or friendly roles (Jou, Dolphin and Grani, Neemon), the only exception being a minor villain in a few episodes of Digimon Adventure 02 (Demon). Kurata, on the other hand
- Compare Kristy's personality to that of Rika's personality or Gaz's personality and you'll see a big difference.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Screwed by the Network: A most-likely unintentional example. The series' original Japanese run just happened to have more breaks due to an unusually high amount of special broadcasts taking place at Sundays of 2006, thus resulting in the fewer amount of episodes Savers has in comparison to other series.
- Sequel Gap: The series followed the 3 year gap caused by the poor performance of Digimon Frontier. Its own poor performance resulted in another 3 year gap for the franchise.
- What Could Have Been:
- During the planning stage, Masaru was going to be named "Kouhei".
- Kouki wound up as a near monster who most-likely only got away because of the fact that he never actually managed to commit mass-murder anywhere near Kurata's level. However, the original plans for him was to be Not So Different from Masaru, being very similar in many ways but unlucky enough to have been found by Kurata instead of DATS.
- The original plan for the series is worldwide Delinquents tournament using Digimons, and that Yoshino and Thomas would end up being a local gang leader who wields a nunchuck and an American mafia who beat a New York gang all by himself, respectively. Lalamon's wielding a sausage nunchuck in the movie and Kouki's backstory where he beat a foreign gang by himself are probably remnants of the latter plan.
- Ikuto's age was lowered in order to avoid making his revenge against humans conspicuous, and it made him a Kid-Appeal Character in the process. Originally, he was supposed to be on the same age as the other two guys, which would explain a lot of things regarding him and Masaru.
- There was going to be an episode about Gaomon that revolves around him running away from Thomas due to his own cowardice and leading a pack of stray dogs in process.
- Chika was not supposed to be Masaru's sister. Instead, she was his neighbor who would go on pestering him about the strange things that occur in the Daimon family, with Agumon being one of those things. This is noticeable if you look at Chika's name, because the kanjis that compose her name are not symmetrical, unlike the other members of Daimon family.
Trivia / Digimon Savers