- Development Hell: While large (four or more years) gaps between releases are common for them, the development cycle for Obscene Majesty qualifies as Development Hell for a variety of reasons. For one thing, the band played musical chairs with the lineup once again about a year after Conceived in Sewage was released, and while they did start working on new material as early as late 2014, it was in an extremely staggered fashion thanks to the generally busy personal lives of the members, and what little time that most of them (particularly Chris Andrews and Brad Fincher) had for the band was usually spent touring in Europe or Asia. It wasn't until the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 that they managed to finally make it back into the studio to track it after several false starts.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Far bigger in Asia (particularly Southeast Asia, especially Indonesia and the Philippines) than they are in the US.
- Old Shame: Their old lyrical content. While they aren't giving up any of the songs with it and will always view Molesting the Decapitated as a timeless and genre-defining album, they have come to regret the overtly misogynistic lyrical content from that and their other releases prior to Obscene Majesty (though they had mostly given it up on Conceived in Sewage save for "Fucked with Rats"). Their current take is that it was a product of its time and their aim as a bunch of young guys who wanted to make the single most extreme and disgusting album on the market, but now that everyone in the band is in their thirties and forties, most of them with families (and, in the case of Brad Fincher and Ruben Rosas, daughters), they simply have no good excuse to keep doing it.
- Promoted Fanboy: Chris Andrews, Eric Park and Dave Spencer.
- What Could Have Been: JJ Polachek (Nekroi Theoi) was supposed to fill in for Ruben on at least one festival date in 2020 and posted his rendition of "A Virulent Strain of Retaliation" (which was part of his audition) on social media, but the COVID-19 crisis put an end to that.
Trivia / Devourment