- Box Office Bomb: Made back only $47.2 million of its $51 million budget at the box office.
- The Cameo: Kal Penn and Su Chin Pak.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Of the two main roles, only Danny DeVito is Christian, while Matthew Broderick is actually Jewish in real life.
- Old Shame: Matthew Broderick himself disliked working on this movie, having been overheard several times on set by fellow cast and crew muttering to himself "I've hit rock bottom".
- Troubled Production: This counts not due to external forces or Executive Meddling, but due to the four actors' personalities (Matthew Broderick, Danny Devito, Kristin Chenoweth and Kirsten Davis) reaching Dysfunction Junction levels. According to this episode of How Did This Get Made? Guest Andrea Savage's friend Gillian Vigman who was on set said that Broderick suffered a shoot long Heroic BSoD, and was frequently saying stuff along the lines of "I've hit rock bottom.", explaining his Dull Surprise performance, DeVito showing up to say his lines then hopping on the next plane out, Chenoweth, who'd just broken up with Aaron Sorkin spending everyday crying, and Davis saying to Vigman that "[She] should get [her] eggs frozen." It all makes for an uncomfortable, hilariously depressing story.
- Working Title: All Lit Up.
Trivia / Deck the Halls