- Acting for Two:
- Kenneth Branagh plays both Mike Church and Roman Strauss, while Emma Thompson plays both Grace and Margaret Strauss.
- In addition, Jo Anderson plays the nun who's pleading Grace's case in the present day, and a starlet who dismisses Roman in the past sequence, while composer Patrick Doyle plays a cop in the present day, and a party-goer in the past sequence.
- Fake Nationality:
- Branagh and Thompson are Fake Americans.
- Branagh is also playing the Austrian Roman Strauss.
- Hey, It's That Place!: Roman's mansion, which later becomes the orphanage Grace turns up at, is none other than stately Wayne manor.
- Playing Against Type: Robin Williams, who up to that point had played either comic roles or characters who were essentially good, plays a creepy ex-psychiatrist.
- Real-Life Relative: Branagh and Thompson were married at the time this film was released.
- Unintentional Period Piece: When Mike has the ad placed in the newspaper about Grace, he gets phone calls from, according him, half the males in L.A. claiming they recognize Grace, and he quips, "This is better than video dating".
Trivia / Dead Again