- Colbert Bump: Getting a perfect 10 from Anthony Fantano no doubt helped their exposure a lot.
- Creator Backlash: Lex and Nick are both ambivalent about the self-titled album, feeling it to be too derivative of other artists for them to be truly satisfied with. Nick feels that the record was just a teaser of better things to come, while Lex has gone so far as to call it "less than shit".
- Creator's Favorite Episode: Nick has said "Satan in the Wait" is his favorite Daughters song to date. Lex's is "Guest House".
- Name's the Same:
- They have two self-titled albums, one an EP and the other an LP.
- "The Virgin" and "Ocean Song" are both about a guy named Paul. In the former song he's a paranoid recluse, and in the latter he's a put-upon wage slave with his own house and car, as well as a young son. Whether they're in fact the same character is ambiguous, but both are loser protagonists afflicted with extreme, irrational anxiety so it's a fair assumption.
- Old Shame: They don't hate it, but they're not that proud of Canada Songs and don't play any songs from it anymore. Alexis has called it "the work of a directionless group of unsure young men".
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: They recorded an EP's worth of material after reuniting in 2015 but have so far refused to release it. Both Lex and Nick have said they find the EP to be far below their usual standards and are actively ashamed of it, so it's likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.
- Special Guest: Mia Matsumiya of Kayo Dot fame provides violin on "Providence by Gaslight".
Trivia / Daughters