- Banned in China: This game was banned in the United Arab Emirates for "contradicting with the UAE's customs and traditions."
- Dueling Games: Released almost simultaneously with fellow religious beat-em-up, Bayonetta.
- What Could Have Been:
- About a third of the characters depicted in the art book (available as a pre-order bonus) actually made it into the game.
- The game was originally meant to have four player co-op, with each player controlling a different Horseman. Apparently this was a far grander vision then they were capable of executing. There was also going to be a character called The Hunter: the gun-toting last survivor of mankind, understandably quite pissed at War and serving as a boss.
- Earlier art suggested that War would have a minigun as one of his weapons. Presumably due to balance issues, they scrapped it.
- The Wiki Rule: Darksiders Wiki.
Trivia / Darksiders