- Actor Allusion: Possible inversion. In one of the AU fics, Nearly Headless Nick names John Cleese (who played him in the movies) as a descendant.
- Ascended Fanon: More than one fan's suggestions (usually peripheral stuff) has become Dangerverse canon, and utilized in-story.
- Fandom Nod: The author manages nods to both the Harry Potter fandom in general (including jabs at numerous Fanon and Fan Fic cliches such as, for example, Veela!Draco) and the Dangerverse fandom in particular. A chapter in FD even (repeatedly) references the Harry Potter fanfiction podcast Potter Fic Weekly, which featured Living With Danger several months before. (The section in question is essentially a series of inside jokes that are funny in themselves, but a great deal funnier if you listen to the podcast.)
- I Knew It!: Anne has anticipated canon on a couple of occasions.
- Narcissa's sacrifice for Draco in "Living with Danger" (she hands him over to the Pack, then commits suicide so that he will never have divided loyalties) was posted in late 2004/early 2005, mirroring Narcissa's outright betrayal of the Death Eaters and Voldemort in DH, published in summer 2007.
- JKR's revelation that goblin-wrought silver absorbs things like basilisk venom, making Gryffindor's sword a Horcrux-killer, did not appear until DH; in the middle of "Living without Danger", posted through the first half of 2005, the Pack's cubs receive goblin-wrought silver daggers, and at the end of the year, in the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny stabs Sangre the basilisk with Harry's dagger, then gets the dagger back to Harry, who uses it to kill Tom Riddle's diary.
- An exchange in Dealing, with the Pride trying to get Ron to finally say Voldemort's name, anticipates the Taboo (and, arguably, Ron getting it when Harry and Hermione didn't even suspect in Deathly Hallows):Voldemort, said Luna without hesitation. I wouldnt do it anywhere else, she added, because sometimes the luck spirits hear you call someone you dont want to see and bring that person to you to be mean. But its safe in here.
There, see? Ron pointed to Luna. Theres a reason people dont say his name.
He found himself the object of six disbelieving gazes.
Well, it could be true.
- Remus' pet name for Hermione, who views him as a father, is "kitten". In the film continuity, as a fan discovered and posted on the Facebook page, Hermione's biological father refers to her as "kitten".
- Write What You Know: The author is a bit of a theatre geek (a bit of a geek in general, really) with a fondness for fantasy novels, Shakespeare, and the various things Shouted Out to. Also, at one point she planned to teach, and is apparently fluent in Latin.
Trivia / Dangerverse