- Executive Meddling: Due to slow sales of Wonder Woman, most of the titles have been focused on Batman, Superman, and the Justice League.
- Network Redheaded Stepchild: Both Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face are the only family friendly movies in the lineup, while the rest of them target teenagers and adults.
- What Could Have Been:
- Cancelled projects include a sequel to Wonder Woman, and an adaptation of Batgirl: Year One.
- An adaptation of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract was also originally reported at the start of the line, only to be shelved, but the Sequel Hook of Justice League vs. Teen Titans hints that a Judas Contract adaptation, and it was later confirmed to be among the 2017 slate of movies.
- More animated films in the universe of the 1966 Batman show were planned; Batman vs. Two Face was originally going to end with that universe's version of Harley Quinn breaking Joker out of prison. But Adam West's passing changed all that.
Trivia / DC Universe Animated Original Movies