- All-Star Cast: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Daisuke Namikawa, Daisuke Ono, Mamoru Miyano, Takahiro Sakurai, Hiroki Yasumoto, Hiro Shimono... and the list goes on.
- Children Voicing Children: Downplayed with then 16-year-old Takuto Yoshinaga voicing 15-year-old Tsukushi.
- The Danza: Hiroyuki Yoshino as Hiroyuki Kurusu.
- Dawson Casting: Prominent for almost everyone but notably averted with Tsukushi. His voice actor, Takuto Yoshinaga, was born in 1999 and voiced him at age 16, being only a year older than his role.
- Development Hell: The announced second season, apparently. It was announced near the end of the first one in December 2016, and it took until October 2017 to have a second announcement where the animation will be released along the future manga volumes as original anime DVDs in 2018.
- Name's the Same: Don't confuse Kazama Jin with the other guy of that name.
- No Budget: The anime, if the animation quality and the fact that even the opening sequences consisted almost exclusively of stills and recycled animation from the episodes are of any indication. Especially jarring (of maybe because) its creator of the season (Creator/MAPPA) at year created Yuri!!! on Ice and In This Corner of the World, the former being an anime original franchise, and the later beating Your Name as the Best Animation of The Year in Japan Academy for 2016.
- Playing Against Type: Ooshiba has next to nothing in common with typical Mamoru Miyano roles, including his voice; he sounds noticeably deeper and rougher than most of Miyano's roles.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Mizuki and Kimishita are also an amnesiac murder suspect and his loyal companion, Usui is the level-headed bartender of HOMRA, and Ooshiba has left the Red Clan to join Blue.
- Star-Making Role: Takuto Yoshinaga's biggest role in his still young career, as well as the one that introduced him to a larger audience.
- The Wiki Rule: Here it is.
Trivia / DAYS