- Development Gag: Angeal's design is based on an early concept for Cloud in the original game.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Cissnei first appeared in Before Crisis as a playable character, but thanks to that game's obscurity, she's much more widely known for this game. She wasn't named aside from "Shuriken (Female)" due to being named by the player. Cissnei not being her real name is a shout out to this.
- Mythology Gag: Zack starts Crisis Core at level 6, the same level Cloud starts the original game at.
- What Could Have Been: The game as it was originally conceived would have explored Zack and Cloud's friendship at greater depth and their escape after the Nibelheim incident, but hardware limitations forced developers to cut nearly all of it out and focus on Zack's role as a warrior instead.
- Developers much later went back again to try expand on Zack and Cloud's friendship but deadlines stopped them from doing that.
- The Wiki Rule: The Final Fantasy Wiki.
Trivia / Crisis Core