- Defictionalization: The first CAP, Syclant, would have just been hypothetical were it not that DougJustDoug opened a server to try out the Pokémon. The Create-a-Pokémon project thenceforward grew immensely in process, userbase, and recognition.
- Fan Nickname: "Snapple", a tongue-in-cheek potential name for Malaconda, being a portmanteau of "snake" and "apple".
- Meme Acknowledgement: While it isn't an official CAP, Chamereon's very existence as well as its Black and X/Y Pokédex entries are jabs at the memes around it.
- Milestone Celebration: The starter trio of Caribolt, Smokomodo, and Snaelstrom was created to celebrate the 25th CAP project.
- Name's the Same: One of the suggested names for Mollux, Escarglow, was later found to be the same as a Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Eater's name.
- Troubled Production: Cyclohm's development could be best described as "we don't know where we're going", in contrast to the more refined process of most other CAP Pokémon.
- What Could Have Been:
- CAP Pokémon could have taken very different turns if the community had voted on different outcomes.
- The top art and sprite submissions for each CAP are showcased on the Smogon website.
- The Wiki Rule: There is a very undeveloped wiki for Create-a-Pokémon here.
Trivia / Create-a-Pokémon