- Dawson Casting:
- John Seward, Age 29, played by Mark Burns, Age 41.
- Lucy Westenra, Age 19, played by Susan Penhaligon, Age 28.
- Dueling Works: Around the time this was in production, a Doctor Who serial about vampires, then titled "The Vampire Mutation," was also being written. It was cancelled because the BBC feared the public would think it was a send-up. It was eventually made in 1980, as "State of Decay".
- Executive Meddling: The censors ordered the scene of Dracula's brides eating a baby to be trimmed.
- Fake American: Richard Barnes is British but plays Quincey as stereotypically Texan as possible.
- Fake Nationality:
- Dracula (who is of course Transylvanian) played by French actor Louis Jourdan.
- Van Helsing (Dutch) played by British actor Frank Finlay.
- Promoted Fanboy: Bruce Wightman who has a bit part in this was an expert on Bram Stoker and founder of the Dracula Society.
Trivia / Count Dracula (1977)