- Cross-Dressing Voices: Young Akito is voiced by Ryoka Yuzuki. Young Shin is voiced by Junko Minagawa, who also plays Cornelia in the main series.
- Fan Nickname: Julius Kingsley, the Britannian Military Adviser sent to the European campaign in episode 2, was given the nickname, Not!Lelouch, due to people having already guessed that he was a Lelouch whose memories were modified by Emperor Charles, even before it was finally confirmed in the next episode.
- No Dub for You: Madman Entertainment decided to release sub only DVDs of each OVA episode as a way to hold fans over in Australia. Averted eventually in 2017, when Funimation announced they were finally releasing a complete collection with both dub and sub.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Akito and Leila played a couple before as Tsutomu Senkawa and Sayaka Nakasuki. Ironically, despite being even darker than that series, things end up working out much better for them here.
- Role Reprisal: Johnny Yong Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal, Kate Higgins and Spike Spencer all managed to reprise their roles for the English dub despite fan concerns after how many years it took for the OVAs to be released in the US (especially after the closures of both Bandai Entertainment and the original series' dubbing companies Animaze and Magnitude 8 Post) and the fact that the middle 2 actors haven't done much or no work at all for Funimation before.
- Schedule Slip: All 5 OVAs took a total of 5 years to come out in Japan, each instalment getting increasingly delayed from the last (to the point where it was originally only 4 episodes in total but then increased to 5). The first instalment screened in cinemas in 2012 and the finale in 2016.
Trivia / Code Geass: Akito the Exiled