- Adored by the Network: The TV series initially was this, to a level rivaling Teen Titans Go and The Amazing World of Gumball. However, poor critical reception led to the opposite happening within several months.
- Actor-Shared Background: Mixed in a little with "Funny Aneurysm" Moment. Flint hurriedly admits to Sam that he loves peanut butter, then lies about being allergic to it when Sam says she has a peanut allergy. Bill Hader (Flint's voice actor, and yes, the same one who plays Stefon on SNL) actually does have a peanut allergy in real life.
- Cast the Expert: The WNN anchor is played by real-life weatherman Al Roker.
- The Other Darrin: Terry Crews replaces Mr. T in the sequel.
- None of the movie actors returned for the animated series, due to the production moving to Toronto, Canada.
- Playing Against Type: Anna Faris plays a Hollywood Nerd, in contrast to her usual ditzy roles.
- Recursive Adaptation: A movie novelization of the film was released.
- Screwed by the Network: Explained from Adored by the Network example above, the series had constant reruns along with Teen Titans Go and Gumball, however poor ratings led to the series being pulled sometime in April, where Ben 10 (2016) had took it's place. What makes matters worse that, in December 2017, most of the first season's recently released episodes were withdrawn from the Cartoon Network app and on-demand. By January 2018, the show was banished to the Boomerang app. The second season renewal from DHX Media might have been due to YTV giving the show far better treatment domestically, considering the show was also co-produced by the channel's parent company.
- Talking to Himself:
- Bill Hader voiced both Flint and his FLDSMDFR in the first movie.
- Mark Edwards voiced Flint and Steve in the TV series.
- What Could Have Been:
- There was a cut scene from the movie where Flint and the Mayor were sword fighting using celery sticks.
- The directors wanted to the theme from Xanadu to play over the closing credits, but couldn't secure the rights.
- The TV series was originally commissioned to air on Teletoon, but instead, it aired on YTV.
- The Wiki Rule: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Wiki.
Trivia / Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs