- Approval of God: Tom Holland, the director of the original film, posted on Twitter about Mark Hamill's casting of Chucky as a "smart move."
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Mark Hamill reveals that while he does love the classic Chucky, he was sold on the idea of playing a different interpretation of the character as an innocent doll who doesn't know his limits, seeing it as being scary in its own right.
- Crossdressing Voices: In the Japanese dub, Andy is voiced by a female voice actress (Mai Kanazawa).
- Disowned Adaptation: Longtime Chucky producers Don Mancini and David Kirschner, Chucky actor Brad Dourif as well as Tiffany actress Jennifer Tilly, have all voiced their disapproval with this remake, with the former two even outright refusing the offer of executive producer credit.
- Dueling Works: Released the same week as Toy Story 4. Morbidly hilarious posters serve as a Take That!, showing Chucky killing the toys in various ways: walking away from Woody's severed arm holding his hat, shooting Buzz Lightyear through the helmet with a ray gun, roasting half of Slinky over a fire, stabbing Mr. Potato Head in the head, burning Rex's plastic flesh off his skeleton with a lighter, and smashing Hamm to pieces with a hammer.
- To a lesser extent, it also competes with Annabelle Comes Home, another killer doll movie. The posters extended to Chucky decapitating Annabelle and stabbing his knife in her neck.
- The Other Darrin: As per the norm of being a completely new take on Chucky, Mark Hamill is the voice of Chucky, not Brad Dourif, who still voices Chucky in the older continuity.
- Role Reprise:
- On the other hand, in the Japanese dub, Bin Shimada reprise his role as Chucky from the dub of Cult of Chucky. It also helps a bit he is also both the regular dub voice of Mark Hamill in Japan, and by default, the official dub voice of Luke Skywalker.
- The same goes in the Latin American Spanish dub, as Rolando de la Fuente does the same from the dub of the same film.
- The Brazilian dub has Renato Márcio as Chucky, reprising the role from the dubbed versions of Child's Play 2 and 3.
- Mark Hamill had previously voiced Chucky in an episode of Robot Chicken, although he claims that this is just a coincidence, as he apparently forgot.
- Viral Marketing: Websites for the Kaslan Corporation and the Buddi dolls were launched about four days ahead of the trailer's release.
Trivia / Child's Play (2019)