- Casting Gag: McKaley Miller, who was the villain of the week in "Kappa Spirit", previously played an similar sorority sister with an tragic ending in Scream Queens.
- Malaya Rivera Drew plays an witch named Cyd in "You're Dead to Me" who resurrected her boyfriend 20 years prior to the episode, however with an terrible cost. In The Originals her character is also desperate enough to bring back her murdered daughter, who Came Back Wrong and led to the death of someone else who Drew's character was trying to save, just like Cyd.
- Disowned Adaptation: Several cast and crew members of the original series are outright vicious towards the show and the concept of a reboot, with Holly Marie Combs being the most prominent in her disdain for it.
- Fake Nationality: Sarah Jeffery and Madeleine Mantock aren't actually Latina, while their characters have a Latina mother. Given the reveal that they're full sisters and it's Melanie, who is played by a Latina actress, who is the half-sister, this might have been intentional.
- Saved from Development Hell: In 2013, the Charmed reboot was being developed by CBS, but then eventually it was passed on and The CW picked it up.
- What Could Have Been:
- Originally Maggie was meant to be called Madison and the sisters' last name was Pruitt.
- The writers' original idea was for a prequel set during the 1970s, matching up second-wave feminism with the witchcraft motif. During the 2016 election and events following, they realized that a lot of the issues they were writing about were contemporary, so they decided to make it modern.
Trivia / Charmed (2018)