- Referenced by...:
- The Grateful Dead's publishing company is named Ice Nine Publishing in honour of this book's lethal Chekhov's Gun. Vonnegut was one of Jerry Garcia's favourite authors.
- Joe Satriani also has a song called "Ice 9".
- Susumu Hirasawa also has an album entitled Ice-9, and some of its songs also reference the novel ("A Pool in the Ruins" and "Nice Nice Very Nice").
- A computer virus in the final season of Person of Interest is named ice-nine.
- The concept of ice-nine is also used in Zero Escape.
- A Boston-based metalcore band took the name Ice Nine Kills.
- Dan Mangan released an album entitled Nice, Nice, Very Nice.
- The rock band Ambrosia also released a song titled "Nice, Nice, Very Nice", using lyrics from Bokonon's 53rd Calypso. Vonnegut was given a co-writing credit, and was quite pleased with the song.
- Rayanne's mother discusses this novel and its concept of a karass in My So-Called Life.
- In Castlevania: Symphony of the Night features a boss named Granfalloon, at least in the English version.
Trivia / Cat's Cradle