- Defictionalization: Atlus's special edition of Catherine comes with (among other things) real life versions of a pizza box from the bar Vincent frequents, one of Vincent's shirts, and even a pair of the boxers Vincent wears in his nightmares.
- I Knew It!: When Full Body was fully revealed, many fans had (correctly) guessed that Rin is male, or at least assigned male at birth. However, they didn't anticipate that Rin is a male alien.
- Inspiration Nod: Vincent's name and appearance comes from Vincent Gallo who played Billy Brown played in the film Buffalo '66. Catherine's appearance was also based on Christina Ricci's Layla.
- No Export for You:
- Intentionally subverted. Atlus initially played at the North American fanbase by claiming that they had no plans to release the game outside Japan in a late February 2011 interview. After roughly a day of a raging fanbase, Atlus Faithful members received a cryptic e-mail in Catherine colors with the phrase "Do you still like us?". Whether the teasing was intended to continue or not is unknown, as GameStop accidentally leaked the official release date a few days later. Atlus finally confirmed it with an e-mail announcing the official site and the tagline "...Cat's out of the bag". Clearly they never intended to leave Catherine behind, but they were aware of the trope.
- Played straight with the Playstation Vita version of Full Body.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Averted at first with Kōichi Yamadera and Norio Wakamoto, who previously voiced Spike and Vicious. Played straight with The Reveal.
- Troy Baker and Laura Bailey who were Snow and Serah, Excalibur and Maka, Kanji and Rise, and Nagi and Evangeline in the first series are Vincent and Catherine in this game.
- Hell, most of the Black Knights are out for Vincent's blood.
- Another one for the Japanese dub, Vincent and Katherine are Kaji and Misato.
- Role Reprisal: The entire English voice cast from the original Catherine game manage to reprise their roles in Catherine: Full Body, including Troy Bakernote .
- Teasing Creator: See No Export for You.
- Urban Legend of Zelda:
- A game with adult situations and a couple of hot babes. Check. Rampant rumors of how to get said babes fully naked on-screen? Check and Check!
- Shortly after Full Body's release, people noticed a pre-transition Erica is present during Catherine's new ending, and a rumour that Erica never transitioned in the new timeline created by Catherine began to spread, which inevitably lead to Internet Backlash.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to some unused dialogue, the man of the Random Couple you see can recite the full code for the Extra Mode in Rapunzel.
- There was supposed to be more dialogue explaining a few things about the characters. For example, a cut script shows that Jonny is a bit anxious about a company merger.
- The Wiki Rule: The Catherine Wiki.
Trivia / Catherine