- Completely Different Title: Some countries added "VIII" on the end of the title when the film was released worldwide.
- Creator's Favorite Episode: Barbara Windsor named this as her favourite Carry On film.
- Deleted Role: A pre-fame David Essex was filmed as a debater at Speaker's Corner who interjects a comment ("I intend to!") when Lord Hampton suggests 'having it off' during the anti-Sex Enjoyment Tax argument. However, his role was cut from the finished film.
- Others who had parts cut from the film were Anthony Sagar as a heckler, Brian Wilde as a warder and John Clive as a dandy of the court.
- Fake Nationality: Joan Sims and Peter Gilmore play French.
- One-Take Wonder: Sid James and Barbara Windsor did their dance scene in one take, having just learned it the morning prior to filming.
- Prop Recycling: This is the second time that Sid James has played a character that was originally portrayed by Richard Burton, as well as worn the same costume. The first time was Carry On Cleo as Marc Antony.
- What Could Have Been: Harry Secombe was considered the role of Henry because the production team didn't think that Sid James would be available for the filming.
- Working Title: Anne of a Thousand Lays.
Trivia / Carry On Henry