- Fan Nickname: Unfortunately, the latest incarnation of Carol as Captain Marvel, particularly post-haircut, has earned her the nickname of "Carl Manvers" in some circles. More neutrally, "Captain Carol". Occasionally also referred to as "Captain Disney" to disambiguate from Billy Batson.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: The success of Carol Danvers, to the point of getting an actual film, was an unexpected surprise for Gerry Conway, the creator of the character. He thought that the whole comic book industry would come to an end by the end of the 1970s.
- What Could Have Been:
- In the 80's, there were plans for an X-Men animated series which would've seen a teenage version of Carol as one of the main characters. She would've been renamed "Lady Lightning," and presumably would have been a mutant.
- Before the show was picked up by Netflix and officially announced as part of the MCU, there were plans to have Ms. Marvel as a supporting character on Jessica Jones (2015). She was subsequently Adapted Out and replaced by Patsy Walker, presumably to avoid conflict with the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
- Kevin Feige has confirmed that Carol was present in early drafts of Avengers: Age of Ultron as Captain Marvel. She was written out after they realized introducing her without providing an origin or context could lead to Continuity Lock-Out for casual audiences.
- The Russo Brothers and Feige have confirmed a similar scenario for Avengers: Infinity War, where she was originally meant to appear, but was cut for both the reason above, and there were already too many characters fighting for screen time. However, Brie Larson, the actress set to play Carol in the MCU, was seen on the set where Infinity War and Avengers 4, so many expect her to appear in the fourth Avengers movie.
- Before settling on Warbird, Kurt Busiek considered giving Carol the codename Nemesis during his Avengers run.
- Had Spider-Man's then current writer, Dan Slott, not reject the idea, Carol would have probably become Peter Parker's girlfriend before she became Captain Marvel.
Trivia / Carol Danvers