- What Could Have Been:
- Sammy vs. Capcom was in the works, and was rumoured to have been a Darkstalkers vs. Guilty Gear crossover, but has since been canceled.
- Also, Midway's Ed Boon said that some of the rumours about Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter could have been true... if both Capcom or Midway decided who would have done the game. Midway's bankruptcy threw a wrench. Unfortunately, Capcom isn't exactly happy with the idea of Sub-Zero or Scorpion cutting Ryu or Ken's heads. The closest thing we can get to see the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter casts is the Disney film Wreck-It Ralph and the Ready Player One film.
- Ono stated that he would like to make a Nintendo X Capcom game.
- Developers for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 had wanted to put a number of cameos from Breath of Fire in the game (Fou-lu from Breath of Fire IV was specifically mentioned) but this was eventually nixed as the Breath of Fire series was seen as "too Japanese for a game aimed at Americans".
- The planned appearances did eventually happen in the form of power-up cards for the "Heroes and Heralds" mode of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but to date Breath of Fire is one of two known Capcom series (the other being Power Stone) that have never made a full appearance in a "fighting" Capcom vs. Whatever.
Trivia / Capcom vs. Whatever