- If "Turtles Have Short Legs" sounds familiar, it's because Parappa The Rapper sampled the song's intro for the driving lesson rap with Instructor Mooselini.
- Black Sheep Hit: The band's 1976 hit "I Want More", which sounds more like a late Roxy Music song than Can.
- Creator Breakdown: Malcolm Mooney suffered one in 1969, fixating on audience members at a Can gig going upstairs to see an art exhibit and downstairs to see Can. He began running around in circles, hysterically screaming "Upstairs, downstairs!" for two hours, after which point he collapsed from exhaustion. He left the band after that.
- Creator Couple: Irmin Schmidt's wife Hildegard has been the band's manager and the head of their label Spoon Records since The '70s.
- Referenced by...: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: JoJolion features the character Damo Tamaki, who's named after both lead vocalist Damo Suzuki and the band itselfnote . Also, his ability, Vitamin C, is named after the Can song of the same name.
- Throw It In!: Their albums were created from jams and edited down into coherent songs.
- Troubled Production: The band struggled to get Ege Bamyasi completed because Irmin Schmidt and Damo Suzuki couldn't stop playing chess.
- What Could Have Been: After Damo Suzuki left, doomed folk singer Tim Hardin was considered as a replacement, even playing one gig with them in 1975.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: The band's songs were worked up from jams in the studio and edited down later. Damo Suzuki would make up lyrics on the spot.
Trivia / Can