- Celebrity Voice Actor: Par for the course - Kit Harington plays the Big Bad Salen Kotch.
- Fan Nickname: Call of Duty: Universal Century, Call of Duty: Gundam Warfare or Mobile Suit Gundam: Infinite Warfare, due to fans pointing out the similarities between this game's setting and the Earth Federation/Principality of Zeon "One Year War" in the Universal Century timeline of the Gundam franchise. To further the reference, players point out the ending of the campaign is essentially what Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino would have done himself if asked to pen the story for a Call of Duty game.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Another returning trope for the series, which has used this pretty regularly since Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Nick Reyes◊ and Omar◊, for example, are the spitting image of Brian Bloom and David Harewood, respectively.
- Salen Kotch also gets this treatment via Kit Harington, after initially being mistaken for Caleb Thies, the SDF Vice Admiral who appears in the teaser trailers.
- Captain Ferran looks like Claudia Christian (of Babylon 5 fame) with an English accent.
- UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor looks exactly like SDF Captain Bradley Fillion. The first time you meet him, he straddles you across the chest and punches you repeatedly in the face.
- 5-time F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton plays a friendly mechanic on board the Retribution, called Carl Hamilton in reference to his middle name.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Modern Warfare's Craig Fairbrass, who early in his career had played a Politically Incorrect Villain in projects like For Queen and Country, Cliffhanger, and Prime Suspect (in which Craig's character DI Frank Burkin is considered to be a Politically Incorrect Hero unlike the former two), plays a Black British character in the prologue named Tee.
- Name's the Same: The "Synaptic" combat rig has a Payload called Reaper, which has it attacking enemies as a robot dog. It has nothing to do with Call of Duty: Black Ops III's Reaper, which is a completely different robot that has access to the Scythe and Psychosis.
- Playing Against Type: Kit Harington, best known for playing the heroic Jon Snow, plays the fanatical Big Bad of the game.
- Written by Cast Member: Brian Bloom plays Nick Reyes and also wrote the game.
Trivia / Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare