- Actor Allusion: With a bandana tied over his head, Kevin Gage is basically reprising his role as Max Pryo from G.I. Jane as the Big Bad of this game.
- Dueling Games: With Battlefield 4, which came out a week earlier, ironically enough the single player campaigns of each both share some major similarities, including reverting to a Heroic Mime protagonist despite the main character of the previous games having a major speaking role and a major set piece mission involving the aircraft carrier the main character is stationed on coming under attack and being directly boarded by enemy troops. Both games also have the protagonists almost drowning to death occur a startling number of times. However, this duel was much less intense than the 2011 duel between Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3.
- Flip-Flop of God: On whether or not the Wii U version of the game would receive DLC maps like "Free Fall." Prior to release it seemed like Activision had no plans for it to happen, but in a surprise turn of events in March 2014 a patch to the Wii U version brought the Free Fall DLC map with it.
- Name's the Same/Similarly Named Works: Not to be confused with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon or GHOST Squad, which also feature a fictional special forces unit named the Ghosts.
- The Federation is also not to be confused with the Federation world governments featured in some of the Gundam series.
- Stillborn Franchise: Ghosts ended up being the poorest performing modern Call of Duty title. As a result, Infinity Ward ended up developing Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare instead of continuing the Ghosts storyline, despite Ghosts ending on a glaring Sequel Hook and failing to resolve the central conflict decisively.
Trivia / Call of Duty: Ghosts