- Breakthrough Hit: The Fairly OddParents is what sent his career into high gear, starting 20 years of influence on childhoods everywhere.
- Creator Backlash
- He doesn't have much nice to say about the Same Language Dub he wrote for Doogal, if his answer to Pan Pizza is any indication."They hired me to fix that movie, it could not be fixed."
- He and most of the staff for The Fairly OddParents have gone on record saying they agree with fans who hated the episode "It's a Wishful Life" that it was needlessly cruel. Hartman eventually got the episode pulled from rotation.
- He doesn't have much nice to say about the Same Language Dub he wrote for Doogal, if his answer to Pan Pizza is any indication.
- Creator's Oddball: Many are surprised to learn of Butch's voice role as the flamboyant Mr. Weed in the early episodes of Family Guy; despite his own shows being aimed primarily towards children. He reportedly voiced the character as a favor from his friend Seth Macfarlane.
- He Also Did: Provided early concept art for Crash Bandicoot during his time at Hanna-Barbera.
- Meaningful Name: The name of his production company "Billionfold Inc" comes from the biblical term hundredfold.
- Old Shame: He's very open about his disdain on his role as a storyboard artist for the original My Little Pony series, though he's more than willing to poke fun at himself for being so bad at drawing ponies that he was fired after six weeks.
- Rule 34 Creator Reactions: Simply put, it's not positive. He accuses those who draw porn of Danny Phantom characters and shippers in general of not being true fans. He even went as far as to accuse a toon porn artist on his forum of attempting to seduce an underage female user.
- Trolling Creator: Hartman repeatedly tends to tease the idea of a Danny Phantom revival even after he left Nickelodeon. Despite being the creator, he does not have the copyright to the series and even if Nickelodeon decided to do one they're free to not work with him on it.
- What Could Have Been:
- At one point, he was in talks to direct a live-action movie of ALF.
- He was offered to be a storyboard writer for SpongeBobSquarePants, but declined when The Fairly OddParents became successful enough to become a full series.
- According to art by Stephen Silver, Butch Hartman attempted another superhero cartoon after Danny Phantom called "Triple Threat", which detailed a family of African American superheroes.
- For a time, he was planning to make an Animesque series called Elf Detective, which was meant to be a more serious series compared to his previous works. However, the Oaxis kickstarter happened and work on Elf Detective was cancelled since it wouldn't fit the more family friendly tone of the platform.
- He pitched an action-comedy series to Cartoon Network called Dyna Mice. The network executives were only willing to pick it up if it were a comedy only series. The pilot that was produced didn't exactly win people over.
Trivia / Butch Hartman