- Author Appeal: Absolutely loves superheroes and the comic books they came from, which is visible with how many references he makes to them in his cartoons.
- Breakthrough Hit: The Fairly OddParents! is what sent his career into high gear, starting 20 years of influence on childhoods everywhere.
- Creator Backlash
- He doesn't have much nice to say about the Same Language Dub he wrote for Doogal, if his answer to RebelTaxi is any indication."They hired me to fix that movie, it could not be fixed."
- He and most of the staff for The Fairly OddParents! have gone on record saying they agree with fans who hated the episode "It's a Wishful Life" that it was needlessly cruel and ultimately gave a Family-Unfriendly Aesop. Hartman eventually got the episode pulled from rotation.
- He doesn't have much nice to say about the Same Language Dub he wrote for Doogal, if his answer to RebelTaxi is any indication.
- Creator's Oddball: Many are surprised to learn of Butch's voice role as the flamboyant Mr. Weed in the early episodes of Family Guy; despite his own shows being aimed primarily towards children. He reportedly voiced the character as a favor from his friend Seth Macfarlane.
- He Also Did: Provided early concept art for Crash Bandicoot during his time at Hanna-Barbera.
- Meaningful Name: The name of his production company "Billionfold Inc" comes from the biblical term hundredfold.
- Old Shame: He's very open about his disdain on his role as a storyboard artist for the original My Little Pony series, though he's more than willing to poke fun at himself for being so bad at drawing ponies that he was fired after six weeks.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Butch Hartman