- Cross-Dressing Voices: Doris D. Bird from "Twas the Night Before Bumpy" is voiced by Jim Cummings.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Zig-zagged over time. Shout! Factory eventually released a complete DVD set in 2010, but it was out of print by 2012. The series was later reissued on disc in 2016 by Mill Creek Entertainment.
- Real-Life Relative: The Boy and his sister were played by real life siblings Scott and Anndi McAfee.
- Screwed by the Network: This show had the misfortune of being among the shows that got canceled after Disney's acquisition of ABC.
- Talking to Himself:
- Troubled Production: In reviewing the show's Christmas episode, The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials noted that the second season was more rushed than the first. Since stop-motion is notoriously time-consuming, it took one day to finish up five seconds of footage. They did use shortcuts to get the show done faster, most notably the Karaoke Cafe segments which always used footage from other episodes. Danger Productions didn't count on ABC to renew the show for 13 more episodes plus the aforementioned triple-length Christmas episode... in a shorter amount of time. So they reused all of the previous season's Karaoke Cafe segments, and in some cases they reused entire shorts followed by "sequels" to said shorts. They had to put extra effort into the Christmas episode, which was a whopping 90 minutes long with commercials. Despite all this, the show still looks technically flawless over two decades after it was made.
- What Could Have Been: A third season was planned before the show got canceled after Disney bought out ABC.
Trivia / Bump in the Night