- California Doubling: The film was shot in Toronto, Ontario, and Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and other locations that look closely like New York City.
- Cast the Expert: The actors who portray the monks in the movie are real martial artists from the Sunny Tang Martial Arts Center located in Toronto.
- Creator Killer: This was the first and only feature film directed by Paul Hunter, who went back to music videos after its critical and financial beatdown.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Seann William Scott trained for three months and lost twenty-two pounds for his role in the film.
- Fake Nationality: Chinese Chow Yun-fat as the Tibetan Monk.
- What Could Have Been:
- John Woo was originally going to direct. He's still credited as a producer.
- Heath Ledger considered the role of Kar but turned it down to star in Ned Kelly.
- Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez were considered for Jade.
Trivia / Bulletproof Monk