- Defictionalization: The Carnegie Deli did indeed add a Danny Rose to their menu, though it's a lot more substantial that the dish described in the film. It was the only sandwich based on a fictional person.
- Enforced Method Acting: Mia Farrow wears sunglasses the entire film because it was impossible for her to appear like a streetwise gun moll without them. The one time she has to be vulnerable, Farrow removes them.
- Fake Nationality: Mia Farrow as an Italian.
- Follow the Leader: Forget Paris, the Billy Crystal/Debra Winger romantic comedy that came out over a decade later, borrowed the structure of the film, specifically of a group of friends telling stories about a couple.
- One-Book Author: This is Nick Apollo Forte's only film appearance.
- What Could Have Been: Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone were considered for the role of Lou Canova. Apparently, Woody Allen initially offered the part to Stallone.
- Write Who You Know: Woody Allen's manager and producer, Jack Rollins, was the inspiration for the Danny Rose character. Rollins appears in the movie as himself.
Trivia / Broadway Danny Rose