- Adored by the Network: Despite the almost ubiquitous criticism the show received for it's Vulgar Humor, it was renewed twice due to the show performing rather well for an animated series on Comedy Central, especially once Futurama came to an end.
- Channel Hop: Before it premiered it was sent to Fox (note ), Comedy Central (note ), Adult Swim (note ), and back to Comedy Central. (note ).
- The Other Darrin: In Season 1, Kaitlin Olson voiced Ethel. In Season 2, she was replaced with Natasha Leggero.
- Playing Against Type: Woody is a lot more vulgar than Tom Kenny's usual roles (usually he plays cheery goofballs and comically serious authoritative types in fare that's rated G to PG-13note ). His supporting roles (such as Dr. Kuzniak, which actually is similar to that one time he played Dr. Fist on The Cleveland Show, but Dr. Fist is not like Dr. Kuzniak) are just as vulgar.
- Screwed by the Network: Like Futurama, it was not renewed for another season possibly as a result of disagreements between Comedy Central and 20th Century Fox over continuing the show.
- What Could Have Been: The series was pitched to Fox in 2007, but was rejected for being "too offensive", although its studio did end up producing and owning the rights to the series. It was also pitched to Adult Swim, where it came very close to premiering there.
Trivia / Brickleberry