- Actor Allusion: Hardly the first time Charlie Adler has played a rabbit.
- Creator Backlash: Scott Shaw, one of the shows artists who helped develop the pilot, dismissed the show as "awful" and "obnoxious" in hindsight."I worked with Chris Savino on the pilot for Disney's BRANDY AND MR. WHISKERS in the early 2000s but I had no inkling of his reputation for harassing women. Ironically, I remember that we were BOTH offended by the male creator of the series, whose main ambition was to hire a young Kaley (THE BIG BANG THEORY) Cuoco for Brandy's voiceovers so he could "get to know her". He got his wish. What a creep. Er, "creeps". Yechhh on ALL counts."
- He Also Did: Russell Marcus the creator of the show went on to created another cartoon duo Corn & Peg in which they are do-gooders to their community, the opposite of his other duo.
- High Definition: The series was produced in HD, even though HDTVs didn't become commonplace until 2009.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes:
- Like other Disney Channel shows, this show never got a DVD release. The episodes are hard to find unless you find some torrents of it. It is also currently not available on Disney+.
- Although an episode was on volume 2 of a Game Boy Advance Video compilation of Disney Channel shows (alongside episodes of Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch: The Series). Though even then, not only is it probably not the best way to watch it, that cartridge itself has been long out of print.
- What Could Have Been: As seen here, the character designs would've been a lot different (such as Brandy looking more like a poodle and Whiskers originally being a former experimental lab animal). Also, the plot differed a little in that Brandy and Whiskers would've been stranded in the Amazon after being shipwrecked rather than falling out of a plane.
Trivia / Brandy & Mr. Whiskers